Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No Jack, October 5, 2011

Today was, sadly, a totally Jack-free day. He went to school, I went to work, and our paths didn't cross. My fleeting glimpse of him today was a text message from his mom, with a photo of his smiling face on the driveway in front of their house. He was madly sidewalk chalking the driveway, his face covered in dirt. Just the sight of his sunny face makes me happy.
The other Jack-related activity today was receipt of his birthday present, a child-size kitchen. This is a far cry from the pink cardboard kitchen of my day, this is a heavy blue wooden creation, complete with faux microwave. Apparently, the pre-school he attends has one and he adores it, so this was the requested gift for his birthday. I'll let Kevin put it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment